Implementing Projects and Tasks
Managers complain that Projects and Tasks seldom get completed on time. You will learn how to properly scope out the work, get commitments you can count on, make progress visible, and hold your team accountable for getting things done on time. This 3-hour course is designed for managers who currently lead a team, or aspiring managers hoping to lead a team soon. CEOs will also benefit from learning and teaching this proven methodology to all management personnel to ensure strategic projects (and other key business initiatives) are implemented effectively each and every quarter.
Over the past two decades, Stephen has facilitated thousands of strategic planning sessions. He previously managed a global team of more than fifty strategy consultants and has personally coached hundreds of companies in the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to implement their plans effectively.
Stephen was also one of the founders of a strategy-execution dashboard software company when he lived in the USA. He had the rare privilege of viewing thousands of companies working to achieve their goals, and in this course, he will teach you how to avoid the mistakes that most companies make.
Some of the things you will learn include :
- Improve task compliance with good “task hygiene”
- Overcome the “planning fallacy” with premortems
- Scope Strategic Projects (Big Rocks) using the RACI model
- Projects roles and accountability
- Facilitate project meetings effectively to drive progress
- After Action Review debrief meetings
- Instill a “no-excuses” culture
- The importance of processes and checklists
- “Burn the Boats” to implement change
- Grading team performance
- Praise people the right way
- Hold people accountable for performance with “radical candor”
“These training courses teach the practical skills I wish I knew when I started my leadership journey”
Buy this course to learn Stephen’s “battle-tested” management skills and upgrade the capabilities of your management team